Since you were young, nutritionists and professionals in the health sector have been telling you that you need to stay hydrated and take not less than eight glasses of water a day. However, in the current competitive world that we reside in, remembering and heading to such advice is next to impossible. The same people will also warn you against taking drinks with high sugar contents. But you do not need to worry because you can prepare your soda at home and have control over the concentration of the sugars in this drink. The following are some of the benefits of taking homemade soda
Keep your body hydrated
About 60% of your body is made up of water while the rest 40% is flesh and bones. You thus need to keep your cells hydrated which you can only achieve through taking lots of liquids more often. Most people believe that soda dehydrates the body which is not true. If you take soda with low sugar levels, then you stand to benefit in a similar magnitude when compared to pure water. The only drinks to avoid are those with a high concentration of caffeine. Supplement your soda with other fluids such as water and you will always remain hydrated.
Relieve from stomach upsets
According to research, some certain types of soda, as well as carbonated water, can help you overcome some stomach problems like indigestion which are also characterized by nausea. If you are having constipation problems, soda and carbonated water might be the solution that you have been seeking for long. For you to know that you are suffering from constipation, then there are high chances that you have bowel movements less than three times a week. As a result, you may experience painful bowel movements, bloating and your belly filled with gas. Soda has proven to be one of the solutions to constipation as long as you balance the ingredients and take it in moderation.
Aids in weight loss
If you take soda in moderation, then you are likely to lose weight. Drinking carbonated drinks will make you feel full which in turn reduces your appetite. However, taking soda with high sugar levels will counter your efforts because it contains high cholesterol levels.
Once you understand the benefits of taking home-made soda, it is now fair to know what you need to prepare one. The only investment that you need is soda maker and the ingredients. A soda maker can either use a plastic bottle or a metallic one and you can view it and understand in details.